The Nation's #1 Cookbook Publisher
3 Ways to Submit Recipes
For your convenience, we offer three ways to submit recipes: type them yourself with typensave®, have us typeset them, or send pages press-ready. Whichever method you choose, be sure to submit your favorite tried-and-true recipes! For a quick review, watch our Step 2 video.
Benefits of typensave®
- We recommend using typensave® because it’s the fastest and easiest way to submit recipes and all other parts of your cookbook. Plus, the work can be distributed among all members. All the work is done online, including submitting your order. Watch our video to learn more.
- Save 25¢/book ($300 maximum).
- Production time is only 20–25 business days (4-5 weeks).
- Recipes can be entered from any location 24/7. There are no Recipe Collection Sheets to sort and shuffle.
- You can complete all parts of your cookbook online.
- Go to www.typensave.com and create a FREE account. Try our demo to see how easy it is to use.
- You control your cookbook settings, including messages, deadlines, cookbook options, and more.
- All members, a select group, or one individual can log in to enter recipes.
- Recipe Collection Sheets (PDF) may be provided to members without Internet access. Simply collect them and enter recipes into your account.
- The chairperson should create the cover, personal pages, and divider set, as well as select any desired extras.
- Review a FREE proof at any time and make corrections before you submit your order online. We will not proof, edit, or alter your recipes.
|Save Even More!|
|Total Discount||=||up to
- Our base price includes FREE typesetting of recipes into your chosen recipe format.
- Call for our FREE Starter Material, which will include Recipe Collection Sheets and Recipe Category Envelopes. If you are in a hurry, print Recipe Collection Sheets (PDF) and Recipe Category Sheets (PDF). Find all other Starter Material in our Download Center.
- Distribute the Recipe Collection Sheets to your members and begin collecting recipes. Instructions are printed on the sheets.
- Review submitted recipes for errors, contributor information, correct abbreviations, and non-recipe content. After you edit recipes, sort into categories and subcategories.
- If you plan to use a custom divider set, any category titles can be used and in any order.
If you plan to use one of our full-color stock divider sets, you must use our standard category titles in this order:Appetizers & Beverages
Soups & Salads
Vegetables & Side Dishes
Breads & Rolls
Cookies & Candy
This & That
- Send all recipes with your order. Late submissions are accepted before production begins but will cause delays.
- We will typeset recipes in your chosen recipe format; pages will be proofed by us. You will also receive a FREE proof – our combined efforts will ensure an accurate, quality product. Any errors we make are corrected FREE. Changes from originally submitted material are subject to a charge.
- We guarantee 98% accuracy.
- Production time is 35–45 business days (7-9 weeks).
- If you want the freedom to design your pages, send them press-ready.
- Press-ready pages are already typeset using the proper page size, margins, and artwork specifications. No extra typesetting or alterations are needed. The quality of the printed work is determined by the quality of the material submitted.
- Press-ready cookbooks are priced by the page count. Our recipe formats average 3 recipes per page, so if you place only 1-2 recipes per page, your page count will increase, which will increase your cost.
- ALL cookbook pages must be press-ready. A FREE proof will be sent to you for approval. Corrections or changes will be subject to a charge.
- Production time is 35-45 business days (7-9 weeks). If you waive the option to review a text proof on one-color cookbook pages, production time is 20-25 business days (4-5 weeks).
- We require a PDF, as this will provide the highest print quality. We want your pages to look as good as possible! Use our File Uploader to submit your files.
If your book will be mostly one color (to be printed in black ink), except for custom full-color photos or artwork in personal pages, please use our Press-Ready Guide for One-Color Cookbook Pages (PDF) for specifications on how to furnish material. For pricing and an order form, print our Press-Ready Order Form for One-Color Pages (PDF).
NEW Full-Color Pages
If you want to create a cookbook with all or most of the pages in full color, including full-color photos or colored text, artwork, and lines, etc., please use our Press-Ready Guide for Full-Color Cookbook Pages (PDF) for specifications on how to furnish material. For pricing and an order form, print our Press-Ready Order Form for Full-Color Pages (PDF).
Full-color Press-Ready Cookbook Pages are available in Soft Cover with comb binding, Hardback, or Padded 3-Ring binding styles. Divider options include non-tabbed heavy dividers (full-color stock or custom) or tabbed heavy dividers (full-color stock or custom) for an extra charge.
For your convenience, use our Adobe® InDesign® or QuarkXPress® templates below to create your full-color press-ready cookbook pages. You may also use our simple Microsoft® Word Page Template (DOCX) to get started.
Success Stories in the Media
Kathy Bello published a cookbook to share her love of cooking, laughing, and living. Kathy has dreamed of her own cooking show, so she's entered Oprah's "Your Own Show" contest.See More Success Stories